Dengar's Blog Logo

Dengar's blog...
We will see what I post, probably will be some random tutorials

Thursday, 24 September 2009

Letter to the BT about Broadband Tax

Tax payers should not be forced in to paying for private infrastructure upgrades!

Here is a letter I send to the BT:

Dear Sirs,

I hope this finds you well.
I have just read in the paper that the government is planing to implement a 'phone tax' to fund some crap...

While I couldn't care less about the government, I would like to issue a strong warning to the BT: if I would have to pay such a tax, I would be double charged for a service that I receive from you. I strongly disagree with the concept of paying for anything twice to two separate organisations. I admittedly am forced to pay twice for ONE service that I receive from you (Telephone and Broadband, although I only use, want and have access to the broadband), I consider this to be an even more ridiculous concept...

As a result, I would be forced to cancel any direct debits, payments and contracts that I have running with BT with immediate effect.

Please consider this email not as a threat, but realise that the current government concept is bad for your consumers interest and will ultimately result in a loss of revenue. I advise that you use your lobby to block this ridiculous law from being implemented.

Best Regards,

No comments: